Steps to add the Twitter icon to your Facebook Fan Page
Update March 10, 2011: Facebook has depreciated the “Static FBML” app that was used below in these instructions. There is another free alternative available and you can find that at V3 Integrated Marketing’s site.
Adding the Twitter icon to your page is a great way to cross-promote your presence on other Social Media websites.
- Go to www.twittericon.com
- Put in your user name (this will automatically update the HTML code in the boxes)
- Pick your desired icon by highlighting and copying the HTML code it gives you (make sure it shows justactnatual in the code as every once in awhile it won’t update properly)
- Go to your FaceBook Fan Page – at the very bottom, left side of the screen you should see the “applications” button – click that and then search STATIC FBML
- When STATIC FBML comes up click “add to page” – it should bring up a pop-up that gives you a choice of what page to add to (personal, fanpage, etc) – Click your fanpage
- It should then bring you to a box to edit the FBML – this is where you paste in the code you copied from Step #3
- At your home page of your FanPage you will see a tab at the top that says “Boxes”
- You should see your Follow me on Twitter on that page and in the right hand corner of the Follow me on Twitter you should see a pencil – click the pencil
- When you click the pencil you should see the option to “Move to Wall Tab” – select that
- It should now be on the left sidebar of your FanPage
If you decide following these steps are not for you contact a Virtual Assistant, such as myself, to assist you with this process.